Bodybuilding used to be a great sport back in the day but things seem to have changed drastically over the past few decades. More and more bodybuilders are now using steroids and PEDs that are usually referred to as gear and they seem to be taking things too far so much so that many guys have lost their lives due to internal organ damage caused by such drugs.
Steroids are often used for bulking, enhancing strength, and for a cutting cycle. As far as bulking is concerned, Dianabol Test Cycle is the most preferred one among bodybuilders since it helps boost muscle growth and also prevents a drop in testosterone levels, which is so very common when Dianabol is used as a standalone product.
Even though steroids can help you get very quick results, they can also lead to a lot of negative side effects. According to the popular bodybuilding site Cimab-sa.com, some of the side effects of such steroids could be life-threatening especially when they are used for an extended period of time or taken in excessive dosage.
Some of the common side effects of steroids or gear could include:
- Live toxicity – Oral steroids have to pass through the liver to reach the bloodstream and in doing so they put a strain on the liver. As such, oral steroids can cause liver damage. Even though this damage usually reverses within a few months of stopping steroids, excessive steroid consumption over an extended period of time can lead to liver failure.
- Water Retention – Another common side effect of steroids such as Dianabol and Anadrol is that they can lead to excess water retention in your body. This could lead to other issues such as high blood pressure etc.
- Changes in Lipid Profile – One of the most serious side effects of steroids is that some of them can lead to a drop in HDL or good cholesterol and an increase in LDL cholesterol or bad cholesterol. This can also in high blood pressure and also increase the chances of a sudden cardiac arrest. One of the most common causes of bodybuilders who die young is sudden cardiac arrest and it is the result of changes taking inside their bodies due to steroid use and abuse over the years.
- Testosterone Suppression – Yet another serious side effect is that a vast majority of steroids may suppress or even shut down endogenous testosterone production in the body which may lead to serious complications and other health issues. It can lead to testicular atrophy, sexual dysfunction, a drop in male fertility, depression, etc.
- Gynecomastia – Yet another common side effect of such steroids is that some of them can lead to excessive growth of breast tissue in men. This happens because of the ready conversion of testosterone into estrogen. It’s needless to say that it happens to be a highly embarrassing problem for men.
- Acne, Hair Loss – Some steroids can produce a lot of androgenic side effects such as severe acne, oily skin and hair loss. These side effects become even more pronounced in men who are already prone to acne or have a history of hair loss.
The use of steroids in women can also lead to a lot of side effects including virilization which refers to the growth of male features and traits in women.
When you consider the benefits vs side effects, it is easy to deduce that side effects outweigh the benefits. Instead of using steroids, it is better and wide to use natural supplements that are made with organic ingredients including herbal extracts, vitamins and minerals that can help boost the natural production of muscle-building and fat-burning hormones in your body without side effects.
Your ultimate goal should not be to get bigger at any cost but to get bigger muscles while staying healthy!